Quality Pest Management For Saint Clair, MI Properties
The humble parish of Saint Clair, MI, is one of the most beautiful waterside towns in the state. Just adjacent to the cold waters of the Saint Clair River, the town’s 5,000 inhabitants sit on the Eastern ‘thumb’ of the State’s mitten-like shape. The town's industries of salt mining and power generation attract all sorts of people to the area, including pests like bed bugs and fleas of varying species.
Established nearly a decade ago by professionals with passion, Eco Pest Control is a proud provider of residential, commercial, and specialty pest control efforts in Saint Clair, MI. Learn more about the Eco Pest Control mission and vision statement here.
Home Pest Control In Saint Clair, MI
Our family-owned and operated business are prepared to serve your family with some of the best pest control techniques in the state, eliminating pests through four simple plans:
- Basic Semi-Annual: Treating a variety of pests with regular, less invasive pest control techniques.
- Bee And Wasp Preventative Plan: Exterminating wasps, bees, and other stinging insects with attention to detail.
- Spider Control Plan: Removing all dangerous spider vectors with easily applied treatment options.
- Preferred Plan: Have all our services combined into one!
Receive premier placement on our residential pest control roster when you contact Eco Pest Control for a plan now.
Commercial Pest Control In Saint Clair, MI
To serve Michigan homeowners to the best of their ability, commercial businesses in Saint Clair must adhere to a high standard of quality, service, and skill. To stay competitive, businesses must push themselves to be the best they can be, and ensure that all customers have a safe and secure shopping experience. Unfortunately, the presence of pests around commercial buildings and properties has the potential to ruin everything your business has worked so hard to achieve.
That's why hundreds of businesses trust Eco Pest Control with all their commercial pest control needs in Saint Clair. Our highly trained team of technicians have been delivering pest-free verdicts since 2012, and are committed to our mission of becoming pest-free one company at a time. Call today for a free quote from Eco Pest Control to start building a customized plan perfect for your business's needs.
Backyard Bee Control Tips For Saint Clair Residents
Stinging insects are often undesirable pests in residential lawns, especially for homeowners who struggle with insect-related allergies. Wasps, Hornets, and yellowjackets each could sting multiple times and are known for being particularly aggressive during the summer season. While these pests often take the spotlight in terms of dangerous stinging insects, the presence of bees around your property may also cause concerning issues.
While bees may only be able to sting once, their powerful venom may quickly put a victim into anaphylactic shock. Serious bee stings may need to be treated by professional medical personnel and may involve hospitalization. If you are sensitive to bee stings and think or know that you have been stung, please seek medical attention immediately. To control your backyard bees in Saint Clair for future security, follow these helpful tips:
- Limit the number of flowering plants in your yard. This also includes fruit trees, vegetable gardens, and flowering shrubs.
- Remove all sources of standing water that could provide bees with opportunities to drink.
- Fill in dips around the yard, remove tarps and toys, and throw away old planting pots that are no longer viable.
- Have beehives and colonies professionally removed with the team at Eco Pest Control.
Call Eco Pest Control to book a professional nest removal service now.
How To Know If Your Saint Clair Home Has A Bed Bug Problem
Few pests are quite as difficult to identify as the humble bed bug. Requiring the consumption of human blood to survive, bed bugs quickly become serious issues for homeowners, business owners, and other property managers. While bed bugs may not spread any significant diseases from person to person, they have been known to cause anemia, insomnia, and even secondary infections (from scratching) in their victims. The best way to identify a bed bug problem around your Saint Clair home is to refer to their resulting signs and symptoms. Some of the most common of these include:
- Red bites appear on patches of exposed skin. These may be in straight or zigzag lines. Unlike mosquito bites, these are hard to the touch and are usually worsened by heat or prolonged scratching.
- Spatter or other spot markings on linens, bed sheets, and pillowcases. Spotting may be dark brown in the case of excrement, or rusty red to indicate leftover feeding patches.
- A strange and musky odor in the home. It is often sweet, and difficult to put into words.
- Exoskeletons around key entry points of the home, especially windows.
Eliminate your risks for infestation activity by investing in regular bed bug inspections in Saint Clair from Eco Pest Control today.
Why Do I Have A Spider Problem Inside My Saint Clair Home?
If you've ever looked around your Saint Clair home and wondered why there are spiders, you're not alone. Here are some of the reasons why you might be seeing these pests:
- Other pests: One of the biggest attractions for spiders is the presence of other pests, which are their main food source. Spiders may not be too far away if you have ants, cockroaches, gnats, or flies around your home.
- Moisture issues: Another factor that spiders seek out is moisture, so if you have even the subtlest of leaks, spiders may find their way into your home. Additionally, leaking hoses, outdoor pipes, or clogged gutters may provide spiders with the moisture they need.
- Secluded areas: When your home is abundant with crawl spaces, hidden corners of basements, and other areas that you don't frequent, spiders may flock to these spaces as a place to hunt for food and take up shelter.
- Openings in your foundation: Spiders usually make their way inside by way of foundational flaws, so if your home is riddled with crevices and gaps, you may be unknowingly inviting spiders into your home. You may also be carrying them inside via infested packages or items that you've used outdoors.
If you notice spiders in your home, the best thing to do is call the professionals at Eco Pest Control. Dealing with spiders takes a multifaceted approach, which our team of expert technicians has at their disposal. Our services are safe and effective, and we will always work to understand pest problems from your perspective. For more information on spider control in Saint Clair, call us today.
Health Problems A Flea Infestation Can Create In Saint Clair
Fleas are parasitic pests, which means a few things for Saint Clair residents. For starters, it means they have an easy time making their way around town. Fleas utilize hosts as a means of transportation, and this usually includes wildlife, rodents, household pets, and even personal belongings. But being a parasite also means that fleas feed off of their hosts, which can lead to serious health implications.
Cats and dogs are fleas' preferred hosts because they're warm-blooded, and their fur allows fleas to hide while reproducing. A flea is capable of latching within five minutes of a bite and can consume up to 15 times its body weight in blood. Excessive feedings can leave pets with anemia, tapeworm, bartonellosis, and typhus. And excessive scratching can cause alopecia.
While people are a less appealing host for fleas, these pests may still try to bite people. Their bites can leave people scratching, which can cause secondary skin infections like contact dermatitis or impetigo. Fleas can also pass the pathogens that cause tularemia, murine typhus, and tungiasis to humans. For the fullest level of protection from fleas, consider professional flea control from Eco Pest Control.
Why It's So Hard To Get Rid Of Rats On Your Own In Saint Clair
Rats are some of the craftiest pests in the Saint Clair area. Depending on the species, they may scale roofs or utilize sewer systems to enter a property. But if you've ever wondered why they're so hard to get rid of with DIY methods, here are some reasons why:
- Infestation size: Rats typically have six litters a year, which can contain anywhere between five and ten offspring. Rats can also start reproducing by five weeks old, which means populations can grow very quickly.
- Infestation location: These pests commonly build their nests inside of walls, crawl spaces, and other hard-to-reach areas, so actually identifying and accessing their nest may be challenging enough.
- Natural traits: Rats are nocturnal rodents, so you are very unlikely to encounter them; instead, you may come across the signs of their presence.
- Access to sustenance: If rats have access to food or water, they are very unlikely to leave a property they've infiltrated. Even your outdoor garbage bins may give them what they need.
- Ineffective methods: Many times, DIY methods or traps do not contain the right kind of bait, are not placed strategically, and fail to account for the scope of your infestation.
For more information on rodent control in Saint Clair, call Eco Pest Control today.
The Trick To Total Ant Control For Your Saint Clair Home
Rather than spend your time and money on store-bought items, consider help from Eco Pest Control when you're facing an ant infestation. We have been the area's top pest control company for years because we create real results for our customers and restore safety to homes like yours.
Because ants are so prevalent in the area, we include coverage for them in our basic pest control program. We'll provide you with detailed property assessments at every visit in order to always be ahead of ants. Our technicians will identify the current activity as well as areas that could potentially be an issue. We use the best, most effective treatments, and with routine service, we can keep your home ant-free throughout the year. For more information on ant control, call us today.